Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Take Me Out to the Ballgame
Last week for my boyfriend’s birthday I surprised him with tickets for to the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angels Dodgers Game Sunday. Although it was extremely hot… we still enjoyed ourselves and some amazing ballpark food. The nachos were amazing. This got me thinking. Since we can’t drive 4hours each week to the game; Why not start having game night one night a week at the house and fix up some extra special ballpark approved treats?
Here are some of my favorites: Pretzels, Nachos, Peanuts, Cracker Jacks and Cotton Candy.
You can pick and choose to your liking. Since I, myself am not a hot dog eater I’m probably going to call-in some boneless wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. Here’s a great recipe for Home-Made Cracker Jacks my mom gave me. For tips and ideas do a simple Yahoo Search for Baseball themed Treats.
Homemade Cracker Jacks
• 10-12 Servings
• Prep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + drying
• 10 to 12 cups popped popcorn
• 1 cup pecan halves
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1-1/3 cups sugar
• 1 cup butter
• 1/2 cup light corn syrup
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• In a large bowl, combine popcorn and nuts; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Remove from the heat; add vanilla, cream of tartar and baking soda. Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Immediately spread onto two greased baking sheets; let dry for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10-12 servings.
To create more of a baseball themed mood wear a great tee or hat to support your favorite team. Victoria’s Secret currently has super cute MLB and Collegiate tees, tanks, hats and sweats to support all of your favorite teams and school!