Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wear Purple


Recently there are have been some eight tragic suicides by gay teens. Suicide is a very sad situation, today myself as well as many others across the world have decide to wear purple in honor of their memory. What makes this situation sad is that all of these young teenagers were bullied and harassed for their sexuality and being different. I remember when I was younger, I was taught to love people for who they are and not what they look like. How their sexuality, or who they love make this any different? This isn't about their sexuality, or the way they were. This is about them, and being there for them in their passing and being a support group for their families and friends. I am wearing purple today in order to support them. My best friend was Gay and I remember how hard it was for him to come out to his fellow classmates as well as his family. I hope that you too will support them by wearing purple; even if you are against it, wear it for the sake of the young ones who have tragically taken their life to early.

I hope you will join me and the many others who will be wearing purple today.
XOXO
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment