Monday, October 29, 2012

D.I.Y: A Laced Halloween


Dressing up sexy aka skanky isn't really my forte. I think I will be opting for a chic look this Halloween. For a few years now I've lusted over the Maison Michel laced ears... I think it's finally time to D.I.Y them! 


The Mask/Ears:
What You Need:
Black Headband
Black Lace
Black Crafting Wire (found in jewelry making supplies)
Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Scissors

 What To Do:
Cut wire to shape ears (2 same size pieces/desired length may vary)
Shape wire into desired ear shape
Lay shaped wire on lace fabric and cut lace into ear shape (you will need 4 pieces)
Attach wire to head and twist to secure (for extra security add a drop of hot glue)
Hot glue lace pieces to front and back of wire (do this for each ear)
Cut Lace to create mask covering (desired length may vary)
Hot glue mask covering to headband

The Inspo:



(all photos via my inspiration folder)


1 comment:

  1. Did it work out? I'd love to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete