Sunday, January 27, 2013

D.I.Y: Hardware Bracelet


After 5 Months I finally completed the D.I.Y Project I started the day before I went into labor...


What you Need:
-Leather String 
(you can find this at Hobby Lobby in a giant package)
-Plumbing Fixtures 
(there aren't specifics.. just choose the ones you like in the plumbing section at your local hardware store)

*I had originally purchase S-Hooks to use as fasteners... but decided against them

What to do: 
-Wrap leather string around wrist to determine preferred length 
(you can wrap as many times as you want... I wrapped my 6 times)
-Cut to desired size
-Begin wrapping again 
(leave a few inches loose on both ends)
-After first or second wrap add your first piece of hardware and continue to wrap
-After one or two more wraps add your second piece of hardware
-Once you have wrapped leather string completely tuck in exposed ends into the backside of the hardware pieces so the secure bracelet
(string through completely or bracelet will loosen and become unwrapped) 
-


11 comments:

  1. Well done, dear! I have never managed to do one myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo ready to shop the hardware store for jewelry supplies again!!!

      Delete
  2. This is great!!!
    You did an amazing job! :)
    xxx
    S

    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome!! Totally genius

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now obsessed with the plumbing department.

      Delete
  4. wow, so creative dear! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. now following and looking forward to your future posts! maybe we can also keep in touch via fb/bloglovin? let me know :)

    http://glamourdrama.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was super a super easy d.i.y! Love love love the results!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow I love this. It's sooo cool and original. I've got to get off my computer and back into DIY projects. They're so gratifying!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more time to D.I.Y! If I could achieve everything I pin off of pinterest... I think I could rule the world!

      Delete