It's been a long day cold day...
And I was in need of some comfort food. Here's the recipe for tonight's Lasagna Soup. BTW I took mine out little early for the oven because I hate crusty cheese.
What You Need:
1 lb. ground beef (or ½ lb. beef and ½ lb. Italian sausage)
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 Tb. brown sugar
32 ounces chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) canned tomato sauce
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups broken lasagna noodles (I used the rest of my box up… 4-5 noodles)
5 ounces grated parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
1. Cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper in large pot over medium heat. Drain on paper towels if needed and throw it back into the pot.
2. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add: thyme, brown sugar, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer 20 minutes.
4. Add the lasagna noodles. Boil and then simmer those until the noodles are cooked through. About 10-15 minutes depending on how big the pieces are.
5. Add Parmesan cheese. Stir and heat through.
6. Pour the soup into oven-safe bowls. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Throw them under the broiler in the oven to get nice and golden bubbly on top