Friday, January 17, 2014

What to Wear: Middleburg, VA


When traveling I prefer to live and dress like a local. Last year I fell madly in love with the small historical town of Middleburg, Va. During my December visit I packed flannels, riding boots, jeans, wellingtons and classic accessories like aviators and a masculine watch... leaving my leather pants, spikes and rock t-shirts behind. 

As I prepare for another visit during the cold winter months I find that the Diagonal Alley Coat  from ModCloth is perfect for packing. There's something about the structure of it that feels like classic but modern and reminds me of the ridging coats the fox hunters wear. Now maybe I should buy it in red too. While I'm not a hunter... maybe I could wear it and go Fox "Searching". 

No comments:

Post a Comment